Friday, May 18, 2007

reading a book and the feeling

Hey viewers, hope you are all doing well?

At the moment I am reading Duncan Bannatynes' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anyone-Can-Autobiography-Duncan-Bannatyne/dp/0752875639
So far I'm a quarter of a way through and it's a great read. I like reading other peoples success. And reading about people like this inspires me to do more everyday. Before this I read Richard Branson's Autobiography and that also was a great read. The only books that are interesting to me are these kind of books. Other books just don't interest me, I don't see the point in reading them if you don't get ought out of them! If you know what I mean?

There are some great people around I know and know of, who have the same ambition and inspiration as me and this is great to speak to them, I think it keeps us all going. Like some days you may feel down or low, which is very rare for me. But this week I've been a little low, you could say I've had a bit of cold. I hate admitting to myself I'm ill! Thankfully I'm fighting it off. Does anyone else feel like this?

Come on, bring on the weekend. I hope to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend, not seen much of them with bits of work on and working full time through the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think you might need to make some short term sacrifices to get where you want to be in terms of your ambition to work from home?

I don't know how many hours you are investing in your dreams, but I remember when I first launched my business (I work from home), my daughter was about 6mths old at the time, I spent over a year working every single evening until midnight and later.

So I barely saw my husband during the weekdays, but it was the greater good and the long term benefit of me working from home.

Even if I didn't have any actual design work to do, which obviously you don't have solid work in the beginning, I would sit every single evening and look for work and do my marketing with the aim of getting work.

Not once in the first year did I leave my desk before midnight in the weekday.

It eventually paid off and now I don't have to work until midnight every night :) I have a great work/life balance.

This would mean the same amount of time with your daughter (until she goes to bed basically) but much less time with your wife.

But in the long term it will realise your goals of working from home, which is extremely beneficial to family life as I'm sure you realise.

It's very hard to launch a business properly if it doesn't have time invested into it, and that time has to come from somewhere if you are working at your day job all day.

When I started my 'day job' was my young daughter :)

Best of luck with your ambitions :)

Amanda